People at times try to put me into a position to defend Reiki, either they don't approve of it because of religious reasons or they generally doubt any type of alternative or complimentary medicine. Let me be the first to say...I believe in Reiki, and the power of Energy however if I'm swimming in the ocean and I'm attacked by a shark, do not take me to a Reiki Master or an Acupuncturist...Take me to the ER of the nearest hospital and have a team of surgeons stitch me back together! I would never nor should any ethical Alternative Practitioner ever talk a person out of seeking traditional medical care from a qualified Healthcare Provider. I always tell clients to be sure to communicate to their doctor or traditional healthcare provider that they are seeing me as well.
With that being said, I would like to take the time to share the amazing research currently being done in the field of Energy Work. What was thought to be impossible because it was thought to be nonexistent a short time ago is the capability to measure the Human Biomagentic Field. Using a SQUID magnetometer we are now able to measure the energy that is experienced during a Reiki session.We now know with scientific certainty that not only do the brain wave patterns of Reiki Practitioner and receiver become synchronized in the alpha state, characteristic of deep relaxation and meditation, but they pulse in unison with the earth's magnetic field, known as the Schuman Resonance.
While I am grateful to have science back up what I have always felt, I didn't require it for me to personally realize the Power of Touch.
No comments:
Post a Comment